Dear Eager English Learner,
If you're on this page, you're probably thinking about working with me to improve your English and for that I want to say thanks.
Normally, people would use this space to tell you why you should learn with them here...
I like to do things a little different.
You see, I'm not a good fit for everyone. So instead of telling you why you should work with me, I'm going to outline the reasons why you shouldn't work with me.
I Can't Help You If You're Looking For A Magic Pill
For some reason, people think 'learn English online' = 'get fluent overnight'.
I get it. There are a lot of people selling the 'secret trick' to becoming fluent.
When I first started my teaching certifications 10 years ago, I thought that I would learn these 'secrets' to learning English....
You know, the stuff that only qualified teachers know that can help you to learn English overnight....
Well, I learnt pretty quickly that these 'secret magic tricks' don't exist.
But what I did learn was much more powerful: that there are strategies and methods that can help you to learn English faster (and more effectively)...
While the results you get from working with me may be instant, you will not become fluent overnight, so if you're looking for someone to sell you the 'secret formula for mastering English', sorry but I ain't your guy.
If you're scared of a bit of hard work, you won't like working with me
Learning English isn't something you do once a week.
It's not something where you have a class with a teacher on a Tuesday and forget about it until the following week.
Learning English is something you do seven (okay, maybe six) days a week.
If you want to get really good at English, that's what you should be aiming for anyway.
Now, if you ask any of my students, they'll tell you I'm patient, attentive and reasonable...
I will push you to reach past what you thought you could do.
I will encourage you to push your limits.
So, if you're not prepared to work harder than what you're used to, then I might not be the teacher for you.
If you're looking for the cheapest teacher, I won't help you
Hear me out...
There are teachers out there who are happy to teach for minimum wage. Good for them.
That's not me.
Over the past 10+ years, I've built a strong set of skills and strategies that help my students get the best results they can.
In short, I know how to get results, and I get them.
And by setting my prices higher than the average, I attract only the most ambitious and driven students.
That's good for both, you and I.
It means that I'm constantly pushing myself and giving you my best work...
And it also means that you value your education and self-development enough to take it seriously.
So, if my prices are a little out of your budget, that's fine. There will still be teachers out there who can help you.
If you're looking for someone to do it for you, I don't want to help you
In the past, people have asked me to write their presentations, CVs and essays for them.
And I always refuse to do it.
It's not that I can't do it; I just won't.
Because when someone asks me to write their essay or presentation, what I'm really hearing is:
"I'm not really bothered about learning English. I just want to take the easy way out."
And that translates to "I don't want to work for it".
Learning English is hard work. But when you're using English like it's your native language, you'll see that the hard work was worth it.
And that's what I help people become: Real, natural English users.
But - it takes hard work... And sometimes there are no shortcuts. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
You're still here? Good.
Here's What You Can Expect From Working With Me
- Strategies, support and systems that will help you to improve your English fast.
- Personalised sessions that focus on you, your goals and your English. Each session is tailored to suit your situation.
- Actionable advice and a structured plan to follow. One of the benefits of working with me is you won't be left wondering what to do next. You'll have a plan of action, so you know what you're doing.
- Honest feedback that will help you make breakthroughs in your English.
- Access to my 10+ years of English learning experience and knowledge
- Outside of class access (yes - if you have questions in between classes, you can send them to me and I'll answer) This is an incredibly useful resource to have. It's like having a teacher in your pocket.
- Access to my English Training Vault that's full of video trainings (probably everything you need to know about learning English) to help you become a successful English speaker quickly (including a lot of FAQs)
And Here's What I Can Help You With
- Preparing to pass language exams
- Preparing to study abroad
- Preparing to work overseas
- Writing an important essay or research paper
- Giving an important presentation at a conference
- Speaking more fluent, natural English with confidence
- Conversation skills, meeting people and storytelling
- Traveling to English speaking countries without stress
IF you're read this far, and still want to work with me, read everything below carefully
All classes with me are one hour long and include homework assignments and feedback.
For a one-hour session, you pay $100.
This includes homework assignment with feedback, a month of 'out of class access' and a month's access to all of the trainings in The Vault.
One class may be all you need. That's fine. However, if you would like to have more sessions with me, I offer several packages.
Also - for as long as you are a student with me, you also get:
- Anytime email access to me (where you can ask me anything about English) This is an incredibly valuable resource if you use English in your daily life. *AND*
- Access to the English Training Vault (this is a members' only area that contains video trainings on almost everything you need to know about learning English).
The first step to working with me was reading this page. You've done it well done!
The next step to working with me is completing a very short application form. The application form will tell me more about you and your needs. It takes about 5 minutes.
After that, if we're a good fit, we will book your first class.
The average time from completing the application form to booking the first class is about 24-48 hours.
Thanks for reading - now go and complete the application form!
English Learning Specialist and Language Coach